Friday, April 24, 2009

Hank Ballard & the Midnighters - SPOTLIGHT! on Hank Ballard (King)


Can't think of any singer-songwriter I have more respect for. I once saw him at the Lone Star Cafe in NYC and after playing a few of his great hits, he told a story that his "wife was hit by a Taxi Cab last night and died early this morning." Then I realized he was wearing dark sunglasses. He went on with the show, playing one legendary R&B tune he wrote after another (including his song "The Twist" that Chubby Checker ruined). One of the most memorable nights of music I've ever seen/heard.

This record is a little POPOUS -- what do you want from thick LP from 1961? What do you want for nothing!!?!? I have multiple FAKE-KING LPs by Hank. This is my first original and I'm really happy to have it. No, you cannot have it for $100.

DOWNLOAD - Hank Ballard & the Midnighters - SPOTLIGHT on Hank Ballard - NOW!!



Found at S&J Stereo in Highland, Ind.

No comments: